Business Analyst (Leeds) (Permanent)
Our client is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise - funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services.
The role of Business Analyst sits within the Change Management area of our clients fund management business.
Based in the Leeds office, you will be instrumental in supporting the analysis function within a project environment, demonstrating strong business analysis capabilities. You will be working across all levels of stakeholders with various levels of experience in the business analysis discipline, applying a range of Business Analysis techniques and methods.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Identifying and understanding the business problem or change being requested
- Supporting the Project Manager throughout the Project Lifecycle to Implementation of the change
- Finding and documenting business requirements using the appropriate tools for the project methodology being used. (e.g. Waterfall or Agile)
- Producing/Reviewing 'As-is’ business processes, identify process improvements and develop 'To-Be’ processes to establish the required business needs
- Producing high level and detailed requirements documents that are clear, concise and understood by IT development resources and business stakeholders
- Identifying Risk, Issues, and Assumptions & Dependencies to the Project Manager with mitigating actions where applicable
- Working with the Test Manager and analysts to translate requirements into test criteria along with supporting UAT test execution
- Supporting the UAT team with triage and prioritisation of defects and changes during UAT
- Provide input into development of training needs of end users (working with Learning and & Development team to provide information to be used for training and business readiness) Qualifications Ideal candidate will possess the following: Essential
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including report writing skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with little support from the Lead/Senior BA
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or as part of a team as appropriate
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Good organisational & time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and possibly conflicting priorities Desirable
- Knowledge of workflow systems and PEGA
- Financial services industry knowledge in the area of Collective Investments; Transfer Agencies
- Working towards the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB
- Working towards Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) or equivalent
Benefits of working with our client in Leeds are:
- Parking on site
- Subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch
- Subsidised high street coffee shops on site
- Free office fruit baskets delivered twice per week
- Easy access to M62, M621 and a 5 minute drive to Leeds City Centre
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a minimum of 12 months experience from any financial services environment looking for their next challenge and are able to work in Leeds.
Please contact me ASAP for more information.