Meraki Talent’s client is currently looking to hire a Compliance Associate on a permanent basis into their department in Leeds. Our client is a market expert in fund and corporate services who have enjoyed huge success in recent times due to innovative product development, high standards of client service and a commitment to their people. They have attracted and retained top sector professionals who have enjoyed a varied and vibrant working environment as well as accelerated career development due to the fast growth nature of the firm.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a graduate seeking an opportunity in which they can learn and progress long term.
· Review of AML reports & risk mitigation processes, including the preparation of written reports/recommendations
· Investor identity review and assessments to determine appropriate ‘next steps’ in the due diligence process
· Review of Politically Exposed Persons and associated parties, including report writing with findings and recommendations
· Escalating issues as they arise to the DMLRO / MLRO, together with assessments/recommendations
· Review of screening outputs and making recommendations and/or progressing further
· Assisting the Data Protection Manager with data protection issues, including subject access requests or other privacy related matters
· Assisting the complaints officer with complaint handling, including maintenance of the complaints register, complaint investigation and resolution.
· Additional complaint handling responsibilities may include letter writing (acknowledgements and final responses), liaison with internal and external parties and the preparation of management information
· Understanding of AML processes and controls
· Knowledge of regulatory and legislative environment including JMLSG
· Understanding of DISP
· Proven record in GDPR and DPA oversight and guidance
· Ability to analyse and problem solve
· Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Meraki Talent values diversity in our own workforce and we actively support our clients to build diverse and inclusive workplaces. For all our roles, both internal and those on behalf of our clients, we welcome enquiries from everyone