£450 - £600 p/day
6 Months initially
3rd December 2018
CVs by 14th December 2018
Start date January 2019
Meraki Talent’s prestigious investment management client based in Edinburgh require a contract DevOps Engineer to join them for an initial 6 month period. My client requires a DevOps Engineer to work on a large scale programme. In a high profile role, you will be involved in large scale programme/project deliveries, through delivering primarily Agile projects. The role of the DevOps Engineer is to work in an existing team with the aim to migrate and create a new instance of the platform in another data centre. The role will include building environments, deploying software, supporting the test and production teams, defining security protocol, build out DevOps capabilities. Close collaboration with other platform teams within the department will also be a key role to success of solutions. Knowledge of Agile environments and teams balanced with an understanding of programme level delivery timelines and objectives will be a key part of this role.
Responsibilities of the Incident Manager;
- Manage cross platform co-ordination between delivery teams outside the software deployment team
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Provide consultancy to different supporting teams to resolve environmental issues
- Develop, Maintain the Build and Release pipelines to automate platform config Deployments
- Set up FIX Engine/Servers and maintain them in Non-Prod environment
- Resolve DataStar issues, develop new templates and provide coaching to team.
- Ensure software deployments are functionally tested. Recommend improvements where necessary
- Assist the Production support teams with the build roll out of the platform
- Assist in the Disaster Recovery testing
- Manage different environment bookings and define path to production.
- Assist SIT/UAT Environment Management team with deployments and Batch resolution issues
- Design and Develop Solution to automate all the manual tasks such as Database Refresh, Upgrade etc
- Assist middleware teams with Kettle issues
- Automate deployment process to maintain environment consistency
- Create and Maintain Security Design Model for Application Server and SQL Server to restrict unauthorised access.
- Source code and task management
Background of the Incident Manager;
- Proven Develop DevOps capabilities
- Experience of tools such as VSTS/ AZURE DevOps/ Team Foundation Server/ Team Services
- Understand System Admin Roles and activities under that role
- Understanding of different components such as Middle Tier, Client and Database
- Good Knowledge of SQL and hands-on experience on tool such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Must have Database Admin experience
- Financial Services experience would be beneficial
- Experience of Agile approaches (Scrum, Kanban and Lean)
- Ability to work in a global organisation with teams operating out of multiple time zones
- Ability to resolve all the issues related to Build and Release pipelines
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the business perspective
- Flexible and willing to accept a change of priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?
Andy wants: DevOps, Engineer, Agile, Azure, MS SQL Server, SQL, Database Administration
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’