The Implementation Manager supports the delivery of all services being delivered to the client during the implementation and will co-ordinate with the appropriate internal departments to ensure services are delivered to the client in an agreed and timely manner e.g. Legal, Communications, Administration and Presentations.
During the implementation phase the Implementation Manager will:
- Establish and maintain a project file including an implementation project plan
- To support Implementation Managers on larger projects
- To establish and maintain the technology systems required to operate the new scheme
- Ensure client deliverables, and where appropriate acceptances, are achieved
- Provide reports to senior management as required
- Support and peer review other teams work as required
- Assist and manage the corporate action and implementation process and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and update an implementation project plan throughout the process.
- Establish and follow detailed on-going procedures for the administration of the plan with all impacted areas (Client Management, Financial Operations, Administration, Pension Service Centre, Communications etc.)
- Effectively manage the client by communicating in a timely fashion any issues that could impact the conversion schedule or result in a change of procedures.
- Work with clients’ system group to clarify data requirements: provide appropriate data, format specifications and other information as required.
- Initiate and participate in the process improvement initiative (new procedures and documenting procedures.)
- Work with Technology to identify, analyse, sponsor, and install any needed systems enhancements.
- Understand the market and its needs by keeping up with industry trends and developments in the market through regular client contact, trade press, and industry conferences.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Project Management experience is essential within asset management
- Ideally have a background in Investment Operations
- Experience in Defined Contributions/Final Salary operations administration would be a big advantage