The purpose of this role is to oversee, challenge and support the investment risk management framework and oversee the management of investment risk exposures within the business across all asset classes and regions. They are looking for driven and articulate professionals who are comfortable supporting the front office from a risk perspective.
The successful candidates will gain exposure across all asset classes rather being constrained to a certain area. The team is only 12 months old and the management team expect it to grow a lot in the next 18 months which should create other opportunities within the business area.
Some of the duties of the Investment Risk Oversight Analyst:
- Provide oversight, challenge and support of the investment risk hard limit breach management process and the reporting of all mandate hard limit breaches
- Provide assurance on the robustness of first-line investment risk management controls and processes against the Regulatory and Internal Risk Management policies
- Provide assurance and challenge around the risk controls and measures in place for portfolios, to ensure they provide effective risk management and reporting of the investment risks to which they are exposed
- Ongoing assurance of the quality and timeliness of the tripartite operations which underpin the investment risk management control framework across portfolios.
- Help drive and construct the 2nd line investment risk related global policies.
- Provide reporting to relevant Boards and Committees on; investment risk and performance of funds; assurance of governance frameworks and processes
- Tracking issues of concern to the Investment Risk Assurance Manager and the Head of Investment Risk Oversight which may be escalated internally and/or tabled on the agendas of subcommittees of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee so that they can be addressed in a timely and effective manner;
- Working with Governance colleagues to ensure appropriate escalation and resolution of portfolio hard risk limit breaches and portfolio performance issues
Background of the Investment Risk Oversight Analyst:
- Experience in the asset management industry
- Strong knowledge and interpretation of regulations related to investment risk and liquidity risk management
- Good understanding of investment risk analytics such as VaR
- Good knowledge of financial instruments and markets
- Strong knowledge in equity, fixed income, credit and derivatives
- IMC/CFA/FRM would be advantageous