Linux System Administrator / PHP Web Developer
Posted Wed 16 Oct 2019
CVs by ASAP
Start date Nov – Jan 19
A role with a slightly ambiguous job title (!) our client, a leading boutique sized financial services business, is actively looking for a Linux System Administrator that also has an appetite to work within the software development space (Especially PHP!) Due to the size of the business, or client is looking to hire a ‘Technology Professional’ who has a keen interest in Linux (and its administration) and can ask what if. In addition to that our client is keen on the Technology Professional also broadening their knowledge of the Infrastructure space as well as increasing their software development skills. Roles as broad as this rarely come around, and it’s a cracking chance for a Linux Administrator that wants to do more in the dev space, or an experienced web developer (Ideally PHP!) that wants to build on their existing Linux experience.
Responsibilities of the Linux System Administrator / PHP Web Developer:
- Work with IT colleagues to install, configure and maintain Linux operating systems of servers and workstations and the network infrastructure
- All in-house bespoke IT systems
- Linux Servers/Desktops, Android Tablets and Windows Desktops
- Dovecot/Postfix based email system including Spam/AV/Archiving
- VPN systems and Remote Access Software
- VoIP Phone Systems
- Network infrastructure
Background of the Linux System Administrator / PHP Developer:
- Good solid Linux administration skills, ideally Debian
- Any Windows knowledge a nice to have
- Bash scripting would also be a nice to have!
- Other nice to haves include Apache, MySQL, Postfix, Dovecot, ClamAV, Spamassassin, Mailpiler
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?
Gordon wants: Linux, Debian, PHP
Please see our website page headed (eg) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’
Meraki Talent values diversity in our own workforce and we actively support our clients to build diverse and inclusive workplaces. For all our roles, both internal and those on behalf of our clients, we welcome enquiries from everyone