Fund Transfer/Transitions Manager (Permanent) (based Surrey)
Our client, a leading investment management business, is seeking an experienced Project / Workplace Investment Implementation Manager.
The primary purpose of the implementation team is to ensure that new pension plans e.g. Mastertrust clients, offshore schemes, Group Personal Pension Plans & Section 32’s are established to agreed timescales and also project manage ongoing corporate actions. The team ensures that implementations and corporate action projects meet the firm’s quality, efficiency and product definitions.
Purpose of the Role:
The role covers all aspects of establishing WI trust and contract schemes with the organisation from initial review and analysis of the WI product sold, undertaking a due diligence meeting with the client, data set up, to receipt of monthly contributions and issuing of new joiner letters and member statements.
The WI Implementation Manager supports the delivery of all services being delivered to the client during the implementation and will co-ordinate with the appropriate internal departments to ensure services are delivered to the client in an agreed and timely manner e.g. Legal, Communications, Administration and Presentations.
During the implementation phase the WI Implementation Manager will:
- Establish and maintain a project file including an implementation project plan
- To support Implementation Managers on larger projects
- To establish and maintain the technology systems required to operate the new scheme
- Ensure client deliverables, and where appropriate acceptances, are achieved
- Provide reports to senior management as required
- Support and peer review other teams work as required
- Assist and manage the corporate action and implementation process and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and update an implementation project plan throughout the process.
- Assist client in understanding the process and procedures.
- Consult with direct reporting Manager or appropriate parties on issues requiring additional attention or decision-making.
- Establish and follow detailed on-going procedures for the administration of the plan with all impacted areas (Client Management, Financial Operations, Administration, Pension Service Centre, Communications etc.)
- Interact with the appropriate members of Admin and Financial Operations to ensure that all-proper controls are established.
- Effectively manage the client by communicating in a timely fashion any issues that could impact the conversion schedule or result in a change of procedures.
- Work with clients’ system group to clarify data requirements: provide appropriate data, format specifications and other information as required.
- Initiate and participate in the process improvement initiative (new procedures and documenting procedures.)
- Provide management, sales, client management and admin with timely, concise status reports, as well as meeting notes for all client visits.
- Submit problem reports to the systems group when systems problems are identified.
- Work with Technology to identify, analyse, sponsor, and install any needed systems enhancements.
- Understand the market and its needs by keeping up with industry trends and developments in the market through regular client contact, trade press, and industry conferences.
- Assist in determining additional support needed from in-house experts.
- Demonstrate strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- To focus on any new key objectives that may be given by senior management
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Good education standard, ideally Degree, part PMI or ACII qualification or proven advanced pensions industry experience
- Experience in Defined Contributions/Final Salary operations administration and implementation
- Knowledge of retirement market
- Self-starter, keen to take on responsibility and new projects
- Strong organisational skills, with some knowledge of running projects using Microsoft Project an advantage
- Numerate and computer literate (especially Excel, also Word and PowerPoint).
- Able to demonstrate abilities and experience in duties and responsibilities mentioned above
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, plan for such events and problem solve
- Some experience of client management, consulting and sales skills would be advantageous
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong desire and satisfaction for completing and finishing tasks
- This position may require travel at short notice
This role also the opportunity to work a minimum of 2 days a week from home.
Please contact me ASAP for further information.