Project Manager / PMO - This role is based in Belfast
Our client, a leading financial services organisation, is seeking an experienced Project Manager / PMO to join their rapidly expanding business.
We are looking for an organised and driven Project Manager to join the Programme Management Office. You will need to be extremely enthusiastic and motivated and have a real desire to drive change.
The Project Manager will be an integral part of the Programme Management Office, managing various projects ongoing throughout the Group. Excellent planning and organisational skills will be required for all projects worked on and a ‘Can do’ attitude to drive others and ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. You will also need to be very comfortable in delivering presentations and recommendations in their regular project meetings.
- Define scope of assigned projects in conjunction with Senior Management;
- Manage resources required in order to complete projects;
- Manage a range of stakeholders from junior to senior level across all locations;
- Prepare detailed project plans and manage on NetSuite (the internal project management system);
- Monitor project plans to ensure successful completion of project tasks;
- Manage and monitor project budget to ensure delivered within budget;
- Adhere to internal project methodology and governance;
- Establish and implement a team culture within the assigned projects;
- Determine objectives and measures that each project will be evaluated against upon completion and track ongoing progress. Prepare related benefits assessment upon completion;
- Write reports and presentations including project recommendations;
- Liaise with training team in relation to training needs arising from projects and related solutions;
- Track all time spent on projects in NetSuite;
- Communication and engagement planning.
- 2+ years’ experience of managing a variety of different types of complex projects as either a Project Manager or PMO
- Excellent communication, organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable communicating with peers
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Use of project management software
- Ability to take innovative approach to resolving a range of issues
- Financial service experience
- Project Management Qualification (PRINCE2, Agile or equivalent)
This is an fantastic opportunity to work for a leading financial services organisation in Belfast. They offer excellent exposure to the business and fantastic career development.