Project Manager – Software Development
£70,000 - £90,000
15th October 2018
31st October 2018
Start date November – December 2018
Meraki Talent’s Global FinTech client based in Edinburgh are looking to recruit a Project Manager with experience of delivering Software Development projects to join them on a permanent basis for their Edinburgh Office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced global business.
The Project Manager is responsible for the end to end management of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. This will involve leadership of a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This may involve the delivery of a single large scale project or multiple smaller projects. This is a client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level.
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensure the project delivers in-line with the business and client.
- Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all Directorates/areas to agree scope, timelines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, the Build Manager, and the Test Manager, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the PMO, Head of Delivery and Account Director as required.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed or escalated to the Account Director or Head of Delivery as is appropriate.
- Ensure project changes are managed in line with the business and client, and all commercial changes to the project are agreed with the Account Director.
- Ensure all 3rd party suppliers are engaged appropriately, and contracts are in place and managed to ensure the required outcomes for the business.
- Ensure all operational readiness activities are undertaken in line with the business, and that appropriate training and handover takes place ahead of implementation.
- Ensure the project conducts a post implementation review and that lessons learned are captured and shared with the rest of the PM community.
- Lead, manage and motivate a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager’s where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Be an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?
Andy wants: Project Manager, SDLC, Software Development, Client Facing, Stakeholder Management
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’