£45,000 - £55,000
5th September 2018
CVs by 15th September 2018
Start date October – December 2018
Meraki Talent’s global asset / fund services client based in Edinburgh are looking for a Project
Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for either an existing project manager or perhaps a senior business analyst who is looking to step into a project management who has strong change experience on the client / operations side.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager;
Impact on Business
- To provide or support high quality project delivery services in line with the strategic objectives of the business
- To provide lead input to the department’s contribution to the business area’s balanced score card
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and their Third Parties
- To implement new business and existing business change to timescale, budget and to the requisite standard and quality
- To develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with business colleagues in support of project delivery
- To identify and mitigate project risks with an objective of zero defects once business transferred to the live environment; in addition to manage and mitigate the impacts of issues where they arise.
- Dependent on assignment, to manage and develop a team of staff who are responsible for supporting and facilitating delivery of projects either within the Department or as a collective project team from across the business.
- To maintain an awareness of topical market issues and in particular changes to legislation in Financial Services
Management of Risk
- Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstrates compliance with standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Background of the Project Manager;
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities and risk profile.
- Ability to analyse and document business requirements and onward communicate to the project team
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but invoking escalation as appropriate
- Good inter-personal and influencing skills
- Strong team player capable of managing 360 degrees
- Self-motivated, proactive and delivery focused
- Effective time management and planning skills
- Flexibility and adaptability, depending on priorities
- Significant demonstrable Project Management experience, with particular evidence of successful delivery and of being able to manage multiple work streams/projects concurrently
- Knowledge of Investment Accounting and Fund Administration
- Experience in business and process analysis and re-engineering
- Experience of planning and delivery of business change initiatives through complete project life-cycle
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?
Andy wants: Project Manager, Operations, Client Change, Fund Administration, Investment Accounting
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’