Senior Business Analyst
7th September 2018
CVs by 21st September 2018
Start date October – December 2018
Meraki Talent’s Asset Management client in Edinburgh are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. To coach and skill Analysts carrying out methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business process in terms of functions, processes, information and systems. Take a leading role in the agile transformation of the organisation, by helping shape, define and implement the set-up of agile teams and agile practices
Responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst;
- Ensure the team is skilled in business analysis and information gathering techniques, including agile practices.
- Assist and guide team members in the information gathering process.
- Ensure the Business Requirements Document is defined under the Project Management Methodology, and supporting documentation is completed, and reviewed, for all projects
- Manage issues and risks identified during the process.
- Define the analyst responsibilities under the PMM and SDLC
- Own and define the BRD and Test Strategy templates.
- Work as Testing Manager and / or Workstream Leader where specified.
- Provide regular two-way communications between the team and IT Management Team; provide updates on IT strategy, status, issues and risks.
- Provide regular status reports and updates to all major stakeholders.
- Work with and challenge team members, product owners, scrum masters and business stakeholders to shape the delivery of change in accordance with business needs; identify key initiatives. Manage relationship with key suppliers.
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders across business and IT
- Understand the IT Architecture and key applications.
- Ensure adequate functional application support and maintenance provided for agreed systems. Assist team members providing support for applications. Support recommended changes to these systems; review and approve change forms.
- Assist product owners and other members of the team, provide cover where required.
- Contribute to the definition of the change management strategy; take responsibility for implementing agreed aspects.
- Lead and coach team members.
Background of the Senior Business Analyst;
- Information Gathering Techniques
- Analysis Techniques
- SQL Querying (of MS SQL Databases)
- Version Management Software (VSS)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Agile practices (e.g. user story writing, story mapping techniques)
- Estimating and Planning
- Knowledge of a broad range of asset and investment types, and different characteristics of each, as well as industry trends and practices.
- Proven experience in Asset Management. Understanding of Asset Management systems, interfaces and analysis techniques.
- Trained in Business Analysis techniques, such as ISEB, with proven experience as a Business Analyst.
- Teamwork, planning & organisation, leadership networking and problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
- Continuous improvement mind-set and behaviours, able to demonstrate leadership in change deliver.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Is this job for you? At Meraki, we love recruitment and love words. Is this you?
Andy wants: Senior Business Analyst, Asset Management, Agile, Transformation, Coaching, SDLC, IT, Business, Change Management
Please see our website page headed (e.g.) ‘Privacy Notice’ for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you’